If there WERE a Contractor Utopia, it would be something like this:
A homeowner who needs your services calls. You go to their home and present three solutions: Good, Better, and Best. They go for Best, sign the paperwork and give you a nice down payment. Your crew completes the work in record time. The homeowner pays you and then spends several hours on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, telling their friends how great you are. From that day forward, your website and phone are tied up with more homeowners demanding that you do the same thing for them.
Not likely, for sure. But it could happen. And, that simple, but powerful idea, “It Could Happen,” is the first step toward achieving life in Contractor Utopia, or at least coming close to it. Once you’ve decided it can be done, nothing is stopping you from actually doing it.
The key to accelerating the sale is understanding what is causing the sales process to derail before you have reached your destination - a signed contract and down payment - then making the necessary changes to stop that from happening again. If there are a million ways your prospect can derail the sale, you need to have a million solutions in your toolbox so that you can put that trip to Contractor Utopia back on track.
You must learn to:
- Approach every sales presentation with the expectation of success
- Eliminate the urge to give up when faced with objections
- View the sales process as an art and each presentation as an opportunity to hone your skills
- Focus on delighting your customers by guiding them to the best possible solution
- Evaluate your results and make changes to help ensure a positive outcome
- Enjoy and value the process as much as the results
The complete webinar is available on video and you are cordially invited to view it.
Here’s a preview:
- Steps 1 – 3 will help you plan and execute a sales strategy that is proven to work
- Step 4 talks tech – say goodbye to your trusty pitch book
- Steps 5 & 6 provide tips on promotions and selling value & affordability
- Step 7 offers proven strategies for overcoming objections
If you’re seeking growth, through more and larger sales, you do not want to miss it.
The views expressed in this article are those of the author and don’t reflect the opinions of GreenSky® LLC, its management, or subsidiary companies.